Saturday, September 06, 2008

September of Soundtracks: Take A Trip On The Holiday Road


Tuesday we posted the soundtrack to Foul Play which was Chevy Chase's first feature film as a lead actor. He followed that with 1980's "Caddyshack" and then with 1981's "Modern Problems". But it was a film from 1983 that would be the biggest and most loved film of his career. Of course I am talking about "National Lampoon's Vacation". Since the original, it has spawned four sequels (if you count the lame made for TV film, Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure). I have always had a place in my heart for this film in that Clark Griswald reminds me so much of my dad. In fact, in my first year at college, we were watching it and I left to call my dad and tell him that I was proud to have Clark Griswald as my father! He got a good laugh out of it. A while ago, a friend sent me a huge file containing literally all of the music to the film. I pass that on to you now. Here is the gigantic and (I think) complete soundtrack to "National Lampoon's Vacation". Enjoy!

Vacation OST
Vacation Part 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a problem with your 'Vacation OST' link. I keep getting an error page. The 'Vacation OST 2' appears to be fine. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

two '/' chars in the URL after the word 'files' causes a download failure - just remove one of the '/' chars and the download will proceed.

Dartman said...

All fixed. Sorry about that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin