Thursday, September 04, 2008

September of Soundtracks: Burt Reynolds Drives Across The Country


Following up with yesterday's post of "Smokey and the Bandit", I thought it only fitting that we present another Burt Reynolds car oriented film soundtrack. This time around it's the soundtrack to that lovable classic, "The Cannonball Run". This movie rules! Period. If you've never seen, go do it right now. It is so great in so many ways! First, Burt Reynolds and Dom Deluise head an all-star cast that includes Roger Moore, Sammy Davis, JR, Dean Martin, Jamie Farr, Adrienne Barbeau and Farrah Fawcett (not to mention Mel Tillis and Terry Bradshaw!) Then you have the American film premiere of Jackie Chan, followed by the great lines (You're small. S-M-all), fast cars, and the introduction of the blooper real while the credits roll. (I don't know about you, but I can watch Burt slap Dom Deluise a thousand times and still think it's funny!) The soundtrack just adds to it! Here it is! Enjoy!

The Cannonball Run OST

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of your great posts and downloads. Unfortunately, I have not been able to download any of them. MegaUpload only gets to 17 kb and quits. Any suggestions?

Dartman said...

I don't use MegaUpload. I only use rapidishare. I don't understand why MegaUpload is coming up at all.

Anonymous said...

Burt Reynolds is the man. I have him as the voice on my GPS that I got from Navtones.com. He often helps me escape from tricky situations now!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK! Can't believe I stumbled upon your post of not one but two impossible to find items, the Bandit & Cannonball Run soundtracks... you sir are a Legend.

Cinemaniac Mark said...

THE CANNONBALL RUN is my favorite film....

(Those who figured that out from my Blogger handle, 10 points to you.)

And it's a durn shame that the soundtrack got such an impossibly small release, not even in the film's country of origin. It's only thanks to fine, upstanding citizens like Mr. Dartman that folks who love this film (and its music) are able to hear this album without shelling out $300 for an original LP copy of it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin