Friday, September 12, 2008

September of Soundtracks: Adventures in The 25th Century


A few weeks ago, when I was in Canada with Avenue Q, they had their version of Comicon called "FanExpo". It was pretty run of the mill and nowhere near what Comicon is. But it did have some cool celebrities there. In addition to meeting super hot Shawnee Smyth, my friend, Maggie getting felt up by Henry Winkler and conversing about theater with Brent Spiner, we also got to meet Edward James Olmos. We started to talk to Edward about Battlestar but he was more interested to talk about the various theaters we had been in and the woman at his side was very ecstatic to meet people from Avenue Q! As we talked to her her, I thought to myself, "She looks just like Wilma Deering, aka, Erin Gray". So I said to her, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Erin Gray?". She responded very quickly with "I am Erin Gray and I've been waiting all day for someone to say that!" Naturally I took a picture with her and as far as I was concerned, my day was made! You're probably thinking, "That's all well and good Dartman, but how does that affect the September of Soundtracks?" That one's really a no brainer! Today's soundtrack sharity is none other than the soundtrack to "Buck Rogers"! When this was released, it was hot on the heels of Battlestar Galactica and as they had done with the original two-hour pilot for Battlestar, the feature-length pilot episode for the series was released theatrically several months before the series aired. I remember there was a huge tie-in with one of the fast food places (McDonald's or Burger King - can't remember which) because they were giving out posters from the film. This soundtrack is taken from that feature-length pilot. Here it is for you, all the way from 1979! Enjoy!

Buck Rogers In The 25th Century OST

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin