Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween-A-Thon 2011: A Double Shot of The Addams Family in Print


You can't celebrate Halloween without the Addams Family. Whether you are a fan of the TV show, the original Charles Addams comics, the movies, the cartoon or the Broadway show, you have to include them somehow. I've been watching the first season of the tv show all month and am loving it. To me, that's the true Addams Family. I love the original comics but have no time for the films. I originally wanted to see the Broadway show but the more I hear about it, the less I want to go. (if you want to go, you should go soon. It's closing at the end of the year). Today I bring you the original television line-up in an article from Monster World Magazine. It's from 1966 and features a great cover story on the show. It also features an awesome photo-comic version of the Hammer "Horror of Dracula" (that's better than the story on the Addams Family in my opinion). In addition, you get the 80s sticker book from the cartoon of the Addams Family. Though I was never a big fan of the cartoon, this is a pretty cool sticker book. It comes complete with paper dolls of Wednesday and Pugsly. It has the original look of the family from the Charles Addams' comic. Here they are for you as part of Halloween-A-Thon 2011. Enjoy!

Monster World Issue #9

The Addams Family Sticker Book

2 comments:

dommromm said...

Thanks for this :D

But the links are switched around and the Addams Sticker Book's link does not work.

Thought you should know :)

Dartman said...

Oops! Sorry about that. All fixed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin