Monday, September 19, 2011

Kenneth Johnson Is A Fan of "Tattered Clothing"

Received this e-mail a few days ago from Kenneth Johnson, the man behind such great television shows as the original V, the Bionic Woman and most importantly, The Incredible Hulk:

Dear Rich...
Recently I had the privlegde of hearing your song, Tattered Clothing. I thought it was both fun and poignant (not unlike our old show). It's wonderful to know that you were such a fan of The Hulk. We certainly labored to make each episode as meaningful and substantive as possible. Our largest audience was actually adults. Working with Bix and Lou was always a treat. We all cared a lot. I'm glad it impacted on you so favorably. And that it inspired you to write the cool song. It reminds me that in one of the episodes I wrote this line for Bix -- after he had awakened yet again in tattered clothing: "...I have got to get some shirts that stretch."
Thanks again for taking the time to write the song. It's great to hear that my work captured your imagination.

All the best...

Kenny

Needless to say, I am very flattered and pretty excited. If you have no idea what I am talking about then here's the scoop:



In January of last year I released the single, "Tattered Clothing". I wrote the song about 6 years ago and recorded it in various cities over the last year of the Avenue Q Tour. It features some great playing by some great players. It is an ode to the 70s television classic, "The Incredible Hulk". It is available on I-Tunes & Amazon All proceeds from the sale of this single will go to The Richard S Dart Memorial Arts Scholarship.

1 comment:

Muppet John said...

That's pretty incredible! (pun intended) Congrats!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin