Friday, April 23, 2010

Go-Go at The Whiskey


Since I recently shared the great Johnny Rivers album, "Changes" with you, I thought it would be good to share another great Johnny Rivers album with you. This time around we go back to 1966 with an album that ended Johnny's string of live recordings at the Whiskey A-Go-Go. The whole thing started in 1964 with "Johnny Rivers At The Whiskey A-Go-Go", continuing with several more albums of songs recorded at the infamous LA hot spot. In fact, out of the six albums he released from his start in 1964 to "Changes" in 1966, only two were not recorded at the Whiskey. The last of these great live albums was " . . . And I Know You Want To Dance". This album has been a favorite of mine since as long as I can remember. It was one of a handful of Johnny Rivers' records that were given to me by my dad back in the seventies when I was just a wee youngster. The difference between this and "Changes" are so great it's like comparing night to day. This is the original, three-piece rock and roll sound that helped make Johnny a favorite amongst the Go-Go crowd. Hard rockin' with an energy that makes you want to get up and dance, here's Johnny Rivers' ". . . And I Know You Want To Dance". Enjoy!

Johnny Rivers- . . . And I Know You Want To Dance

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin