Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wishbook Pages of Christmas Past

As a child, gearing up for Christmas meant breaking out the latest Sears Wishbook and writing out a 3+ page list of all of the goodies inside that I wanted for Christmas. I then gave it to my Mom who of course sent it to Santa who we all knew used the Sears Wishbook for all of his shopping! As Christmas 2006 gets nearer and nearer, I thought that I would share some of those great items that made the list and eventually made it under the tree. Here's number 1:



This was the Golden Ticket for Viewmaster fans - The Viewmaster Projector! Bsically it was just a projector that made it possible for more than one person to enjoy a Viewmaster Reel. Nothing spectacular but this was during the days when there were no VCRs or DVD players. The only person "qualified" to run the home movie projecter was Dad so this was a kids way of showing and watching big screen characters that they found enjoyable. I still have this projector today. As soon as I find a replacement bulb I can share it with my niece and nephew!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I have that projector as well. If you ever find a bulb for yours let me know where you found it. I've been all over, and there is just no such thing as 30 watt bulb anywhere I could find.
Loved the Sears wish Book. Penny's had one a couple of years also. I also learned last year that Woolwroth's even tried one a couple Seasons' back in the early 60's. I saw one of the Woolworth wish Books go for $200.00 on ebay last year. The person had several pages listed with the auction. I saw several of the toy trucks and road graders my brother and I got one year for Christmas in 1961. Gotta love that nostalgia stuff.
Dave

Blog Widget by LinkWithin