Monday, December 18, 2006

The Wish Book Item That Started It All


Although technically I received this as a birthday present, it still came from the Wish Book so I thought that I would post it in this continuing series of posts. This was one of my first record players. Actually, I'm not sure if this was my first one or not. I did have a really cool record player that folded up into a suitcase that had detachable speakers but I can't recall if I had that one before this one. Anyway, this Winnie The Pooh record player served me well and every once in a while I check e-bay to see if anyone has it for sale. One time I found it but the price skyrocketed to the point where I wasn't prepared to pay that much. I loved that I could play records in any room. I would just fold down the cover and carry it to wherever I wanted. If you think about it, it was the equivalent of a seventies i-pod! I remember getting two 45s with this as well: the Happy Days theme and Welcome Back by John Sebastion. I still have the John Sebastion record. My sister broke the Happy Days theme. Oh well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin