Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dartman's Advent Calendar 2010: Day 15


Today I get to introduce you to one of the greatest musicians I know. His name is Rob Phillips and he is a musical genius. I know that word gets used a lot but with Rob, I mean it. I went to college with Rob and have always been fascinated not just by his ability on the guitar but of his knowledge of music in general. Years ago, Rob started to do some extensive home recording and would send his friends the fruits of his labors in an annual CD he titled, "A Winter Sampler". This great works always featured some kind of holiday songs on them and today I bring you one of my all time favorites. In the tradition of the great, Duke Ellington, Rob took a stab at twisting Tchiakovsky's Nutcracker Suite. Here is his version of the Waltz of The Sugar Plum Fairies. In Rob's world, it is "The Cha Cha of the Sugar Plum Fairies". Enjoy!

Rob Phillips - Cha Cha of The Sugar Plum Fairies

BTW - to listen to more of Rob's great work, you can check him out here!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin