Thursday, January 20, 2011

Country and Rock & Roll: A Winning Combination


I happened to pop a Donny and Marie album onto my turntable today and was surprised to find it wasn't all that bad. Cheesy yes, bad - no. It was a later album that the brother and sister duo put out in the late seventies (1978 to be exact) when their TV show was in full swing. It was called, simply, "A Winning Combination". Both alluding to the fact that the combination of their talents paid off and the fact that they were winning the ratings wars for a variety show in prime time. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the combination of jeans and thigh high boots being worn by Donny on the cover. Decide for yourself if this is a "Winning Combination". Enjoy!

Donny & Marie - A Winning Combination

1 comment:

RadioWizard said...

I forgot BOTH of them had "helmet hair." Too funny. I have a cousin, who at about 57 years old still has his "helmet hair" Eeeew!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin