Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marvel Strikes Back


I remember being a kid and going shopping at a mall with my parents. My dad and I hit the record and book stores while my mom and sister went looking for girlie items. At the book store, I used my allowance money that I had saved up to purchase the paperback version of the Marvel Super Special of The Empire Strikes Back. A book I still own to this day. When I excitedly showed my mom and sister, my sister's response was "Why would you waste your money on that?". At this, my dad came to my defense with "He found a bargain. It was on sale and he saved a dollar. That's smart shopping." In all fairness, that was coincidence. I just bought it because I wanted it and I had money in my pocket. But I still appreciated my dad coming to my defense. Now that my sister has a 6 year old who is obsessed with Star Wars, I always smile smugly and get a great feeling when I happen to see the occasional Star Wars item that she spent HER money on. Anyway, I share that incredible Marvel comic super special with you now! Enjoy!

Marvel Super Special Comic-The Empire Strikes Back

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Dartman- thanks SOO very much for your Empire Celebration Posts!! you rock..so funny that your sister gets payback all these years later-.."the ways of the Force" ;)

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

Blog Widget by LinkWithin