Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas in The World of Wonder: Christmas Jug Band Music


One of my best friends and fellow Creamed Corn member, Tim Minoudis, is currently manning the guitar/bass chair for the Goodspeed Opera House's premiere of Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas which opened last week and is playing through the holidays. I'm really happy for him that he's doing that but I have to admit, I am really jealous and wish I could be on that gig as well. He called me two weeks ago to tell me he was out drinking with Paul Williams who wrote all of the music for the show. Again, really jealous. I am getting to see it next Tuesday when I fly home for the holiday and can't wait. I've always loved Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas ever since I first saw it when it premiered on HBO back in the 70s. My wife loves it just as much and we make sure that we watch it every year! Here's the soundtrack to the original special. Obviously it's not "official" but it is still the soundtrack and features some great tunes including the classic, "When The River Meets The Sea". Here it is for your listening pleasure. Enjoy!

Jim Henson's Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas OST (boot)

2 comments:

Maloveci said...

This is awesome, thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is also my wife's favorite. I never knew it until we got married. We watch it every year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin