Saturday, September 15, 2007

Return of TV Themes!!!

Sorry about the lack of posts this past week. My computer was having issues and where I am currently staying (I'm on the road with the National Tour of Avenue Q) I can't get a decent signal. Thus my on-line time last week was entirely at the mac store where I was limited to what I could do. Anyway, I return to the land of blogging with not one but two posts in the same veign as my last two!
First up is a cool record I found at a thrift store around the corner from my house. There is no artist or group name on it. In fact, I'm not really sure what the title of the album is. I guess you could call it "New Original TV Themes". Either way it focus' on three shows: "The Green Hornet", Tarzan" and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." It features the themes to all three shows and each show gets two original songs complete with sound effects and cheese! All in all, a keeper! Enjoy!

Original TV Themes

Part two of my posting today is yet another TV Theme Song Album. This time around it's the fabulous Harmonicats doing their rendition of "The Avengers" theme. This album rocks! (and the cover's pretty hot too!)
In addition to the "Avengers Theme", the harmonicats take on "Peter Gunn" as well as movie themes such as "Born Free", "Georgy Girl" and "The Pink Panther". This one is sure to please! Enjoy and I promise to keep up on the posts as I am able! Thanks.

Jerry Murad's Harmonicats-Great Themes From TV and Motion Pictures

2 comments:

Corganoid said...

Wow, what a great couple of LPs. I've listened to "New Original TV Themes" twice now and I love it. The loung-esque "Britt Reid Revenge" is FAB...complete with some most excellent bongo playing and a chorus that just goes "wooo" every once in a while. Thanks for the great posts.

THXjay said...

I've just today posted this very LP on my new blog, great minds think alike.

I'll add you to my links if that's OK, I only found you while searching for some artwork, amazing what you can find on the old web :)

All the best
Jason

http://thecrimelounge.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin