Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Farewell and thanks for the ride.

Hello all
I've thought and thought and unfortunately have come to the conclusion that it is time to pack it in. Due to so many outside reasons I am deciding to stop Dartman's World of Wonder. The top reason is time. I don't have the time that I once had to devote to the blog and I feel bad that I can't keep up with it. Another reason is the recent digital distribution act. It's all but killed a lot of file sharing systems and sites and thus make it harder and harder to post things to share with you all. I totally understand why it exists and believe it or not, I am in favor of it (especially in my business). However, they do need to tweak it a bit. I have loved doing this blog more than you can possibly imagine. It made me so happy to share my treasures with you all. I will keep all of the past posts up as long as Blogger will let me for anyone who may stop by and happen to want to see what I once shared with the internet. A lot of the sharities are gone due to the file sharing sites taking them down but it may provide a little bit of service in educating the new comers. Please understand that I would love to keep going but at this point in time, it is just not an option. Thanks for all of the great comments that you have all left and hopefully, one day, The World of Wonder can reopen at another time. Farewell. - The Dartman

17 comments:

said...

Fare thee well, Dartman.

Harrod said...

Won't be the same without you! You'll remain in my RSS links if only as a monument.

phil said...

Thanks for all the treasures you shared.

Cheers,
p

DVA said...

Bye World of Wonder. You kick ass. I'm glad I still have 5 of you on my ipod I haven't gotten to yet - IT'S NOT OVER FOR ME!
HAHAHAHAHA

anotherguy said...

Thanks for everything!!!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Sorry to hear it, but I totally understand. Look at it this way--you've played with the Monkees, what can top that? :)

Anonymous said...

In honour, I'm going to re-read you again. :)
Gook luck and thanks for all the fish.

- Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your hard work on this blog. It was crazy fun to read it. Best of luck buddy!

John said...

Thanks for the memory. (Now that sounds like it could be a song....). Seriously, thanks and best wishes!

Rich said...

Oh no! I better start downloading those podcasts in earnest!

Thanks for everything. It's been a fun ride!

Anonymous said...

Dartman - I'd shake your hand if I could. Thank you very much for all your efforts over the years. It was great finding someone who had a lot of the same quirky taste in music as me... and who then led me to even more musical treasures.

I'm gonna miss the World of Wonder but am grateful I found it in the first place.

The best of luck to you.

- Chris

33_hertz said...

Thank you very much for doing all these great podcasts!

Rich said...

Hey Dartman,

Wacky Podcasts 11 through 18 seem to no longer be available. Is there any way to reactivate those before you ride off into the sunset?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Have enjoyed tremendously your musings and recollections.

Also, I second 'Rich's request for a re-up of your podcasts. perhaps someone out there has them available?

I'll check back periodically, perhaps you'll get re-energized and return!!!

Cheers, Obey-Gravity

Unknown said...

Very sad for your leaving

Dirk Bill said...

Fortunately or unfortunately, I just discovered your blog today! Where have I been? I am enjoying what podcasts there are here, and I can safely say you have done a great thing here, and I really appreciate it. Hopefully it stays up as a resource for the sickest among us who covet this kind of nonsense. That's me! Best of luck in the future in whatever comes your way.
I will now prove I am not a robot, for this, my final time here.

NIBIN said...

great post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin