Thursday, December 20, 2007

The 25 Posts of Christmas: Day 20


Fisher Price was probably one of the biggest companies to make kids toys. They came up with the coolest items for every age group. I was the proud owner of the Little Tykes Basket Ball set. It rocked! The best part was every time you scored a basket, a bell would ring! And you could keep score by rotating the number wheel on the right and left sides of the basket! I also had the Little Red School House. It was even more of a novelty for me as we had a Little Red Schoolhouse in the town where I grew up! This was not just a school house playset - it was a chalkboard and a magnet board as well! In fact, my mother still finds those letters around the house, some 30 odd years later! The garage playset was awesome. That ramp was the coolest! But nothing beat out the barn! When the doors opened up, you heard the loudest "MOO" ever heard. And of course, we all remember the Little People! How many people had the dog only to have it end up with one ear which would be twisted upside down?!

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

I did! I think the Little People are still being made but they're much bigger now.

Antmusic said...

I had that squeaky squirrel set... in the log with the book (lightening doesn't strike twice... or something like that). I think they were called Woodsey or Woodsy or something like that. I also had the Fisher Price Little People Farm.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin