Sunday, December 09, 2007

The 25 Posts of Christmas: Day 9

More Wishbook Items!


For some odd reason, my family liked to give me lots of Dallas Cowboys related items. I don't know why. I was never a fan of football. I didn't play football. I only liked the Cowboys because in the 70s, you were either a Cowboys fan or a Steelers fan. I chose the Cowboys because of their colors (I picked the Dodgers as my fav baseball team for the same reason!). Anyway, with my parents trying desperately for me to be like other "normal boys" I guess they thought that NFL paraphenalia would help make a man out of me. Hence the pajamas, sweatshirts, duffle bags, bedspreads, etc . . .

Interesting side note to this story: My mother was extremely over-protective of me as a child. Even if I did want to play football she would not have allowed it. In fact, she even found a way to not let me play flag football in gym class. Which makes these gifts even more confusing.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin